- Me: Maaaann I wish I could draw, ink, and color as well as some of my friends
- Logic: Maybe if you practiced and experimented more often and didn't compare yourself to professionals and college students you wouldn't feel like this
I had Samantha (rest in peace) and Marisol, the first Girl of The Year, and my sister had Nellie. Those were good times. We mostly had hand-me-down clothes for them, and my sister cut Nellie’s hair once thinking it would grow back, but they were still good times. I kinda wish I kept collecting them, but that stuff’s super expensive. Like LEGO sets. *side glance*
Dear ex-best friend,
I am pretty bummed that we grew apart. I remember how we had some great times hanging out, playing with American Girl dolls. I guess our differences were just too much to overcome after a while though.
It makes me happy to see that you’re doing well, though! It seems like you’ve really grown up for the better. You’re refusing to let your big brother’s shadow keep casting itself over you, and your interest in clothes feels genuine and proud now. You seem to also take great care of your new best friend, and I’m glad to see your anger when others hurt her and throw insults at her. We may not ever be best friends again, but I think we’re both on good paths. Best wishes, buddy.
Dear past me,
Chin up, kid. I know you’re under a whole lot of stress right now. You feel like your art sucks, you feel like a piece of garbage because you’re not always perfect, and you haven’t been diagnosed with the condition that explains a whole lot of the “weird” things about you yet. But you’re going to be okay. Trust me.
Now, I can’t say it’s going to be all sunshine and rainbows in the future, of course. Your homework’s going to be even harder and take even longer in the future, it won’t get a whole lot easier to make friends, you will still struggle with art, and your anxiety never really leaves.
But you gotta stay the course, because your life gets a whole lot better, trust me! You’ll still make a ton of great friends, both offline and on. Your art and musicianship will improve to a level you only dreamed of. You get a paying job at your favorite pizza place. All of that hard work on all your homework will pay off and give you the equivalent of a college admission golden ticket when you take your ACT. You’ll feel awesome when you finally fight off those negative thoughts all on your own when a panic attack comes on. And God still loves you, dear, no matter what.
(Also you’re still a Pokemon fan and a complete nerd like you always thought you’d be. Guess you were right about that!)
I will write about the following, leave one in my ask box.
Dear person I hate,
Dear person I like,
Dear ex boyfriend,
Dear ex girlfriend,
Dear ex bestfriend,
Dear future me,
Dear past me,
Dear person I’m jealous of,
Dear person I had a crush on,
Dear [insert URL here],
Dude this sounds fun
For when you find that specal someone
an eggagment ring
DELETE YOUR BLOG
"The Person You Are Together"
13.5 in. x 10.5 in.
Watercolor and Gouache
The first of three pieces I painted for the Steven Universe | Adventure Time show at Gallery Nucleus.
"The Person You Are Together" depicts my favorite relationship in the series to explore, Amethyst and Pearl’s. I love Opal as a character, she is gorgeous, powerful, and still cares greatly for Steven. But I also love that she comes from an amalgam of Pearl and Amethyst, reflecting how something so beautiful can come from their bond. But, this can only happen once they are able to stop fighting and see past each other’s differences, coming together in a harmonious, yet delicate, balance.
Hm…I guess. I mean it’d also be cool if there was some Aborigine representation, and maybe the tint of the film is throwing me off, but…
Also the ladies in white should be tanned as hell it looks like they were wandering through a goddamned desert and let me tell you my sister was doing that for a month in Israel and she sure as hell didn’t come back pale.
They filmed in Africa for six months. Tom is the darkest anyone got. This Max, from what I get, is possibly NOR taking place in Australia. Also, Zoe Kravitz is black. Not enough, but she’s there!
In the desert
I don’t care if you’re a white person if you’re constantly outside in the desert you’re gonna get tan
Or badly sunburned like I would, at least.
Ahh yes, The dreaded school. When it comes around we all dread, new teachers, new schedule, some new unfamiliar faces, the MASSIVE amount of homework load, less time on tumblr. Here is another long post with a few sites and others to help you out here!
- Advice on college
- Alternatives to buying expensive textbooks
- AP Cram Packets
- Cheat sheet for becoming an adult
- Dorm room survival
- Free online college classes
- How to survive college masterpost
- cheap & healthy snacks
- chocolate muffin in a mug tutorial
- Coffee recipes to help stay awake
- Every Starbucks drink and pasty FTW
- For the vegans
you bad ass motherfuckers
- macaroni cheese / mac&cheese in a cup
- quick and easy soup recipes
- study snacks
- Study snack
- thousands of quick and easy snack recipes
- Yummy cheesiness!
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipesHelpful sites:
- Challenge your brain
- Feed the hungry while using your vocabulary
- Free online textbooks
- Grade calculator
- Rape Escape
- Whole page dedicated to studying/organizing
High school needs:
- For Juniors or Seniors With Low Income Families Looking For Scholarships
- How to survive freshman year
Mental health resources:
- a website that is always relevant.
- falling asleep tips
- How long to sleep
- how to talk to and help an anxiety-ridden friend
- how to wake up in the morning
- keep taking your mind off of it
- mental illness recovery tips
- need a motivational speech? i like this one for myself.
- not having a good day? :c
- picking up a hobby can relax you during the school year!!
- seriously just please try to relax ily
- take your mind off of it
- tips on self-love
- when to go to sleep/wake up
- working out is a total stress-buster.
- download free books
- express yourself with make-up
- Hobbies masterpost
- I fucking love to study to this.
- please remember this.
- Sick ass movie list
I have more but, this is a school one so message me for more.
- Sites to help you not get distracted with other sites. (Mac)(PC)
- Various ways to where a scarf
- What’s the fucking weather
- calm/nature sounds
- chill playlist
- coffee shop blues
- coffee shop sounds
- concentration playlist
- study playlist
- 4hours of classical music
- An already typed essay at your fingertips(type the subject and press random stuff and an essay forms. TO KIND OF HELP)
- bibliography maker
- educational links fucking galore
- my favorite tutoring website
- online ruler
- pull an all nighter but do well on your exam
- Social media citing
- study like a college kid
- Time Management
- Psychology Lectures by a Professor from Yale University
- compliments generator
- how long to nap
- go to a quiet place
- learn more about anxiety.
- panic and anxiety information masterpost
- Relaxation techniques
- Stress Analyst
- the thoughts room
- take a guided relaxation
- yoga poses
- Best place to get help for English
- essay structure guide
- essay writing help
- free microsoft word alternative
- Grammar and spell checker
- Graphic Essay Organizer
- Help on reading/researching
- Make a kick ass essay
- Masterpost of writing software
- microsoft word equivalent
- more essay writing help
- On books you you don’t want to read
- Tip of my tongue
- calculators (includes graphing, geometric, stats etc)
- College/high school Chemistry notes
- math problem solver (2)
- Periodic Table
- This is the math god
- Answers to the textbook
- Beneficial studying tips
- Crash course in any subject with John Green
- Free Educational resources for anyone and everyone
- help in a ton of subjects
- Helps you in any subject
- homework help
- how to google
- how to study, Study guide
- finals survival guide
- improve your studying skills
- Learning Websites Masterpage
- Looking for a word
- make flash cards
- One of the best learning websites
- Tips before/during an exam
- Tips on Exams
- Remember that today’s day in age is different from how it was back then. So don’t stress about school too much.High school students today have the anxiety of what a mental patient in the insane asylum had in the 50s. Here’s also a thing to show how times have changed.
- Prioritize. List what needs to get done first and when. Sometimes getting the bigger/harder tasks is easier than conquering the smaller/easier tasks.
- Set times when certain projects need to be done and stick to that deadline.
- Turn your phone off or give it to your parents while doing work/studying. I know that we live in the age of technology and literally everything is at the touch of our fingertips. Honestly though you can wait on what your favorite celebrity has to say or if your crush liked your instagram photo. You’ll be more involved in that than you are into your work.
- If you have trouble in a certain subject and there is no assigned seating, take advantage of the front. I guarantee you’ll learn more.
- Ask your teacher what exactly you’ll need to know. If you’re taking notes during the year, write in the margins whether or not it will be tested. It will be easier to know what you will be tested on.
- Save your exams. Half the time your teachers use the same questions (or questions similar) from your exams on your midterms or finals.
- Don’t try to do homework straight afterschool if you can’t, despite what everyone says. Give yourself an hour, and try to get some exercise in. I find it stops me getting bored of sitting down. Not to mention helps me concentrate better.
- Don’t just read the material, write it, draw it, recite it, quiz yourself on it! Until you have the material down.
- Join clubs, sports, or organizations! You’re guaranteed to find friends in there. You’ll already have common interests. Start with that and go with the flow.
- College kids: If you don’t have assigned seating, and you have been sitting in the same seat for 2 weeks. That is you assigned seat now. Don’t move or you’ll screw everyone up and they will hate you.
- Color code things, such as your notes.
If you want to see how I color code my notes message me and I’ll be happy to show you.
- Be kind to one another.
I think that about does it. So yeah:)